Lunamaria's Testbed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  IRC Chat  

[OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

[OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Empty
PostSubject: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:35 pm

A Certain Scientific City,

As Liu and Kct showed extra interest in taking part in a To Aru universe Rp this is just what I’ll do. Bare in mind I am not an expert on this setting and that watching To Aru Kagaku no Railgun at least is required watching for you to understand most of it.

Academy City is a technologically advanced Academic city located at western Tokyo which studies scientifically advanced superhuman students with powers. 80% of the population is students which means that the demographic of the city is vastly different from a normal city. Our characters take roles inside the city and it does help if they have at least something to do with each other but it isn’t necessary.

60% of the population has at least some form of supernatural power, normally these are a single ability can have only one use but some can have many. It helps to be creative here as a broader reason can allow you to make more use of a wider range of powers. You can use Trella or Nell as an example but you can also look up characters here to see different powers that are shown. Kct is the expert here, ;p

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index_Wiki

While magic does make an appearance in the show, for now at least it doesn’t in the RP, to keep things simple as that is a whole different set of rules to learn.

Security inside the city is provided by Judgement and Anti-skill.

As most of the city population are students, it is the duty of Judgment, students themselves, to catch those delinquents misusing their powers along with other offenders and protect the students. They can arrest criminals, though only Anti-Skills can formally take them into custody.

In the event of a situation that Judgment members cannot handle, their superiors and the city's security forces, the Anti-Skills will take over. Overall, the role of a Judgment officer is more like a part-time civilian patrol officer and are often used in community services, such as cleaning garbage from the streets (when cleaning bots are unavailable), helping locate lost objects, traffic duty, etc.

Their authority is normally limited to their school grounds and districts a Judgment; a member of another branch can request the Judgment branch that has control of an area to temporarily extend their jurisdiction in that area; also, they can only use their authority outside when ordered to by their superiors or in cases of emergency.

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Judgment

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-Skills

This does mean that most characters are going to be fairly young, between 12-18. Trella is part of Judgement and that is where most of the action will be, however you are quite capable of taking part from the outside. I will be kicking this off with a mystery so its best to get some detective ideas going...

----

Trellaria Germaine

Nell Flowers
Back to top Go down
Chaoslabs

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Right, I like Luna am a newcomer to this setting so please bear that in mind while viewing my character profile.

Bae Jung

I'm quite looking forward to this from what I've seen so far it seems like a great setting for an RP

Chaos
Back to top Go down
kct

kct

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 am

Putting this one here. She's basically an alternate-verse version of Hinako the rampaging tsundere princess xD .

Minako Kurofuji

Subject to formatting changes.
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 pm

General

Full name:
Nickname:
Ability:
Level:
Birthplace:
Citizenship:
Personality:

Appearance

Height:
Weight:
Hair Colour and Style:
Eye Colour:
Identifying Marks:
Skin Tone:
Build:
Clothing:
Handiness:

Background

Mother:
Father:
Siblings:
Spouse:

Personal History:

By request of Liu
Back to top Go down
liubei013

liubei013

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 am

@kct: You and your tsundere characters. xD
@topic: Here's my profile, loosely based on Alicia (with a number of differences).
EDIT: googdoc link to Li-Hua profile

General

Full name: Li-Hua Hong
Nickname: Li
Ability: Pyrokinesis
Level: 4

Simultaneous manipulation of the air and temperature as well as mentally controlled spontaneous combustion allows Li to manipulate fire. She can both manifest and control existing flames with her hands. She can use flames offensively in a variety of forms, including waves, balls, streams. Li can also perform a unique feat in which she can create 'objects' made of fire, including swords and shields. She can also extinguish existing flames at their source. However, she can only manipulate flames within 25 meters in her line of sight. Her power is also limited in areas with lower oxygen and around a lot of water.

Birthplace: Shanghai, China
Citizenship: Japan, Academy City
Personality:

Li is a smart, shrewd, and righteous-minded person. She tends to be straightforward and direct, even if her words may be scathing or hurtful. She values mental and physical prowess not only for herself, but to show her strengths compared to her peers. As such, she tends to be competitive and encourages her 'rivals/opponents' to do their best. Her competitive nature makes her very judgmental of others so she has relatively few friends. She often seeks to find challenges as she takes great delight in overcoming such.

She also has a sense of self-righteousness as she is fairly intolerant over detestably 'unjust' acts. However, she doesn't rashly intervene in such matters. She would quickly ascertain the situation and figure out the best course of action to take before intervening. She sometimes uses her powers, though she, more often than not, restrain herself as she considers non-power interventions to be a little more challenging.

She likes to practice various swordplay arts, martial arts, and she took a liking to unagi-don (eel over rice).

Appearance

Height: 164cm
Weight: 48kg
Hair Colour and Style: Long black hair that flows down past her waist, with thin and long bangs on both sides of her face, tends to wear headbands with a bow at the back
Eye Colour: Brown
Identifying Marks: None
Skin Tone: Fair
Build: Lean and lithe, with some muscle tone in her arms and legs
Clothing: Aside from the standard school uniform (w/armband while on Judgement duties), she tends to wear solid colored tops with a dark-red jacket, jeans, and sneakers. If she feels a little adventurous, she also wears a red Qipao, with dark-brown stockings.
Handiness: Right-handed

Background

Mother: Yi-Feng Ma
Father: Hu-Weng Hong
Siblings: Ren-Po Hong (younger brother)
Spouse: None

Personal History:

Born and raised in Shanghai by her wealthy and somewhat affluent parents, Li's first years of her life were well off and peaceful. However, by the time she was five, a routine medical examination showed that she had some potential for ESP development. Government officials managed to persuade her parents to 'enroll' Li into a special facility. Her parents thought the program was what was best for her, but also for the potential perks for cooperating closely with the government.

So she was brought to the Beijing Institute of Science subdivision of ESPer Research and Development. She met with a number of kids and teens with similar potentials there. The schooling was strict and straightforward and the exercises to 'flex' their ESPer abilities were challenging, so Li initially had no qualms about being forced into this program. However, outside contact was limited, as phone calls were prohibited and any letters sent out were butchered by government censors. Li assumed her parents essentially abandoned her and threw herself further into the work at the Institute.

By the time Li was nine, classes and training eventually shifted toward a harsher regimen, once several students began to exhibit actual powers, in Li's case, Pyrokinesis. Soon, numerous experiments were performed on them. Li went through excruciating days only to be briefly alleviated by what little sleep she could get. The students resented the inhumane treatments and worked to pool their resources. When Li turned ten, she and the students, with a mix of ESP ability and old human ingenuity, caused an 'accident' which caused the facility to be shut down. Public scrutiny over the activities that had taken place in the facility rose. The students were quietly returned to their households after that.

But Li's homecoming was anything but warm, as she found that her parents had another child, her brother Ren-Po. They saw her return as a failure on her part and blamed her for their fears of falling into disfavor with the government. So Li left and found a sympathizer in her uncle (Hu-Weng's older brother). He mentioned the existence of Academy City and Li decided to pursue that opportunity. He helped her with the necessary emigration paperwork and applications, as well as sufficient money for living expenses.

Li went through a flurry of activity when she arrived at Academy City. She settled into a dorm near the school and immediately worked her way through the language barrier through classes and talking with her roommates. She loved the City, as it gave her the freedom to live a true 'student's life' while providing her with numerous challenges. When she arrived, her ability was categorized as Level 1. She took that rating in stride as she strove to improve herself and provided further motivation by competing with the other students. She also picked up a few hobbies, such as martial arts and swordplay (e.g. kendo).

She also had the need to right wrongs and has, on occasion, intervened by taking down thugs or tripping purse snatchers, as a possible residue over having bore witness and directly experienced unjust and inhumane actions. It was no surprise that she became attracted to the organization known as Judgment. She had encountered members on occasion, usually due to them not being happy with having her unofficially intervene against those committing minor crimes. She decided to join when she was 14, when she was just newly rated at Level 3. The training was hard, but quite welcome, as it pushed her on all levels, but without the cruelty that the Beijing facility applied.

Like everyone else, she started at the lowest-tier. She made no complaints as she performed her duties, no matter how boring or mundane as she considered these minor challenges that must be overcome. She rose quickly within the three years (and one full Level) and was a full member and was assigned to the 37th Branch of Judgment...

Last edited by liubei013 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Black Watch

Black Watch

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:55 am

Is it too late to join this RP?
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:59 am

Its a requirement to have seen the show to understand most of it but its never to late to join any of my RPs.
Back to top Go down
liubei013

liubei013

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:56 am

You used 'Alicia' a couple of times during that last post. Very Happy
(Then again, so did I while I was typing up my profile xD )

Are we just going to continue with one thread or are we going with possible separate threads (perhaps just general 'zones' e.g. 37th District Office & 37th District, etc.)? Just wondering...
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:24 am

With only for people there is no real reason for separate threads,

When we split up just keep on posting and take liberties with the posting order, just don't go too far on ahead.

ps, you tricked me....
Back to top Go down
liubei013

liubei013

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:44 am

Okay, as I said before, I was just wondering.

@'trick': That was not my intention. xD

Anyways, posting now...
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:02 pm

Get your patrols properly under way and I'll give out an event for each pair in one or two more rounds.
Back to top Go down
liubei013

liubei013

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Sounds good. Sorry my post was rather short this time around, but I hope this'll get things moving on our side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu   [OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[OOC] To Aru Kagaku no Shiritsu
Page 1 of 1