Lunamaria's Testbed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  IRC Chat  

Video Games

Go down 
+2
Techi Zinphio
Lunamaria
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Since I've been finding new ways to kill time and I was forced by my brother to get Steam once more I've been wetting my city management skills again.

This time its been a game called Tropico 3. You take the role of a dictator, benevolent or otherwise and are tasked with running a small island nation. Not an action packed game, unless the filth rises up and engages in gunfights with your security forces. Its a lot of fun for people like me that love management games like this and there was lots of balances to strike before you get this game figured out. Its going to be sucking on my time for weeks from now as it takes hours to do just one level and I haven't even started free play yet.

Normally I would ask what other games people would recommend. However my future purchase of Civilisation 5 in September and Shogun Total War 2 mean I'm not going to have any money for that sort of thing. But what have you guys been playing lately?

Back to top Go down
Techi Zinphio

Techi Zinphio

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:26 pm

I might will give Tropico 3 a try a purchase, I've heard a lot about it, but haven't actually seen it.

Playing:
Blazblue
Sins of a Solar Empire
Star Trek Online ( >. >)
Alien Swarm - Free game on steam, sadly I still can't use the friends list because I haven't "purchased a game." Not very good anti-spam for those who don't want to buy anything.
Super Street Fighter IV
Call of Duty 4
Halo 3/ODST
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 - Trying to get 100% completion.

Right now I'm looking to get some of the down loadable content for Mass Effect 2, and purchase Blazblue Continuum Shift, Tekken 6, Sins Diplomacy, Tales of Vesperia. Also, a PS3 to play Gundam Senki Record U.C 0081 and ACE:R.
PC wise, it's just a game of waiting for mods and indie games to be released.
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:18 am

Well the reason I got steam was that my brother wanted me to play Alien Swarm with him.

Then I got Tropico 3 as a Demo before buying.

I love Star Trek but since day one of that MMO being released its made me shy away even more. Just doesn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
Techi Zinphio

Techi Zinphio

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:37 am

I sort of stopped playing Alien Swarm for a bit since I was running into nothing but grievers and people who stay back way too long. Or run away from the medics once the parasite jumps them.

The MMO, while I enjoy, it I find too many bugs per patch, which seem to number greater than the fixes.

I probably should have bought some things during the July 4th sale.
Back to top Go down
liubei013

liubei013

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 am

@Alien Swarm: Seems interesting, but I haven't done much PC stuff for a while. (Then again, my only comp is a netbook...)
Btw, Techi, regarding the run-from-medic things...you mean like this? http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/344

@topic:

CoD4
Transformers: WFC
Mass Effect 2 (@Techi: I've played through all the DLC missions; they're a helluva lot better than the first game's DLC...not really even a fair comparison, imo)
Mirror's Edge - I realized I never even finished this game, even though it was fun in its unique way...

Samurai Warriors 2: Empires (for Ps2) - for no particular reason...

@DWG2: Oh god, that. I've done a vast majority of the missions, but there are a few 'challenge' missions left (I did finish True DWG on land and space at least once) not to mention Character specific Unlock lvl 4 missions....which requires you to basically level up said character and get good parts for their respective suits...
Back to top Go down
Techi Zinphio

Techi Zinphio

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:55 am

Ah, thought I was the only one here who read Nerfnow. Sadly some of the TF2 jokes fall short on me.

I cheaped out on True DWG, and used Overdrive with Burning/God Gundam. Once the clones are at, the C3 (whirlwind) along with Hard Strike for a part...Oh man. For some reason I found Shinn incredibly easy to level. Sorry for the "C3" playing Blazblue, I don't see arrows and controller buttons for inputs, I see "6C" and frames per second.

Why did they add an unrefined friendship system, why!? It'd be nice if it was persistent, like if I got all friends for say Amuro, then every character I'd play would already be friends with him.
Back to top Go down
Alistair

Alistair

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:40 am

Well, as usual, I'm almost perma-gaming MW2, but recently I bought both L4D's (So if you got either, tell me darnit!) as well as trying to find time to play The Signal DLC for Alan Wake, which i feel is a little lacking, though I honestly didn't get far in it when i started. I've been meaning to finish my FemShep Runthrough on ME so I could transfer her and game some ME2 again, but the other things kind of sap my time and will power, but I have a feeling I may look into the DLC for ME2 soon, and that'll probably change things.

Condensed Version (You lazy bums >.>)

MW2
L4D
L4D2
L4D3 (just kidding, but seriously, I almost expect it by now)
Alan Wake DLC
Back to top Go down
liubei013

liubei013

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:41 am

@DWG2: Lol, yeah, I know about that. I simply went the hard way with my best Gundam at the time (F91). Basically C5-snipe just outside the enemy field, charge up to lvl 3 Special (w/the enhanced spec upgrade), then use Special on grunts and 'officer' suits. Rinse and repeat. Beat both those missions completely. (All fields and enemies) xD

Ugh, that friendship system was one of the idiotic aspects of DWG2. Especially considering playing with different characters pretty much means clean slate per char (like you mentioned). Not to mention there doesn't seem to be any real tangible benefits (aside from some mission access...oh whoop dee f$#king doo) aside from crappy dub dialogue.

@L4D: I played the first game full 4-player co-op (System Link) and my friends and I had a blast. But nowadays, I don't do as much online co-op wise... (mostly split-screen stuff)

@ME2: Well, considering there was news on Dragon Age 2 before anything on ME3, you've got plenty of time. Razz
Might as well list the 'char's' I got for this particular game:
FemShep Soldier/Para - 2 playthroughs (normal/vet/considering going directly to Insane)
FemShep Sentinel/Para - 1 playthrough
MalShep Adept/Para - same
FemShep Infiltr/Rene - same (love that Widow Rifle)
MalShep Van/Rene - same
Mal Shep Engie/Para - same (This is the only character where I started from scratch on ME2; the rest were imported)
Back to top Go down
Alistair

Alistair

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:56 am

@ME2

You must game ME1 alot Liu O.O I personally find it near unbearable to do all of that stuff over-again *literally just finished Feros like ten minutes ago, and it still remains his least favourite planet...freakin Sentient Plants >.>*

To prove that I find it so unbearable to replay ME1 after playing ME2, I will list all 2 of my characters.

Ray Shepard/Male/Soldado/Paragon- Finished ME1 and ME2 and makes the John Shepard character MUCH older XD

Leona (terrible with girls names) Shepard/Female(duh)/Adept(Nemesis)/Renegade-....Almost done ME1...and has to be the meanest person ever born.
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:13 pm

Maybe its because I'm mad, and haven't played either too much by my standards. I like ME1 better.

Resource mining compared to just driving everywhere drives me insane, I like the combat better in one as its more stat based as well as just seeming to flow better. Even though I started playing ME2 the whole set up for the first game seems to suit it all much much better.

Jane, Soldier- Complete
Merrill, Tech-M1, 1/2M2
Karl, Biotic- M1,

Oh and before you ask, no I haven't finished Dragon Age yet, it keeps getting to the dull bits that make me pick up other things for a while.
Back to top Go down
kct

kct

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Playing Dragon Age.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:26 am

Hmm.

1) DDO: Dungeons and Dragons online. Fun as heck when you get the hang of it and meddle around with good multi-classing and proving people wrong when they assume that your class combo is crap. Its f2p now and you only have to pay for extra content and missions so you can max out.

2) Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries: Recently legally downloadable for free at mektek.net. Joined Clan Widowmaker and having fun as hell playing the game with a good group of people.
Back to top Go down
Techi Zinphio

Techi Zinphio

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:03 am

Ah, Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance, good times. The intro made me use the Vulture through most of the game.
I picked up Tales of Vesperia a few days ago, took me awhile to get used to the controls, but now I've got a pretty good grasp of it. While some characters REALLY annoy me, I'm glad that they actually have...Well, character. Although sometimes I get annoyed that I have to go through dialogue again because the save point was so far back.
I still need to get used to how quickly the Tales games darken once you get past the first two or so hours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lunamaria's Testbed :: Chat :: Open chat-
Jump to: